Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ethan lost a tooth!!

Ethan lost his first tooth last night! He is so proud, thinks he is a big boy now! He just turned 5 two weeks ago (bad mom....have not posted anything to wish him happy b-day) He went to brush his teeth and came running back in with toothpaste everywhere yelling that his tooth had come out. We knew it was only a matter of time because it was hanging on by who knows what.....so I go running into their bathroom and there is toothpaste and blood everywhere with the water still running. It was very funny but we managed to save the tooth before it went down the drain. Then, he had a dilemma on his hands. He wanted to put his tooth under his pillow to get the money but he did not want her to take the tooth. It was his tooth.......what is a boy to do? We finally decided we would write her a note saying that he wanted to keep his tooth. Well she honored his wishes (isn't she great?) and took the note and left the tooth. Let me tell you there was one happy boy this morning who even took his tooth to church in a baggie to show all of his friends, and anyone else who would give him the time of day. Gotta love this kid!

5 comments:

Anniebanannie said...

So funny. I love Ethan! I can just see how excited he must have been. Olivia's teeth still are not budging. She has been asking when her teeth are going to get loose. She is starting to feel left out.

Krissi said...

Oh Ethan. You make me laugh! Congrats on this big rite of passage!

Hansen Mom of six said...

That is so cute Ethan. Way to go big guy. I think that the tooth fairy was very nice to you. We love you dude.

Karen said...

I cannot believe that Ethan is old enough to lose a tooth already! My cousin's son didn't want the tooth fairy to take his tooth either and he too wrote her a note to leave it. What a nice lady that tooth fairy!

The Hansen Family said...

Happy late B-D Ethan! And you are so cute and funny. I would not let my tooth go that easy either. But I got to tell you that writing the note was a bright idea. Congratulations....